FISCALLY FIT TV
Fiscally FIT TV: Using Financial Literacy to Empower our Community is our television show aired on Island TV. We bring financial literacy TV segments to the West Indian community of Miami- Dade, Broward and West Palm Beach Counties. Our show has a reach of over 1 million households throughout the three (3) South Florida counties. As the economic crisis hit the Caribbean/African American communities, we are an educational component created to build entrepreneurship and financial freedom. The primary focus is to provide the necessary financial tools to aid youth and their parents on ways to become fiscally wise investors.
1. If it don't make Dollar$, it don't make $en$e: A guide to Money Management --- An introduction to financial institutions, products and services offered. We discuss the various accounts available for savings vs. checking, and their benefits.
2. For the Culture: How to fund your college education --- This interactive discussion provides ways for students to fund their college education; whether through scholarships, grants, or loans.
3. It's a Family Affair: Creating Generational Wealth ---As we build generational wealth within our homes and communities, we discuss various ways to acquire disposable income. We also discuss different instruments, including: real estate, stock market and entrepreneurship, while sharing valuable tips for anyone to understand.
4. Paid in Full: Debt=0% --- Many don’t know that credit is, yet alone what a credit report is. So, in this segment, we discuss the importance of maintaining good credit and how to repair your credit, if you fall on hard times (or just don’t know how to manage your finances). We also discuss smart ways to apply for a credit card, pay your bills on time, while treating yourself on occasion.
5. Home Sweet Home! I’m moving in: Purchasing your first home --- For many, purchasing a home is a dream come true, but many don’t know where to start. So, in this segment we discuss what it takes to get your first home. From the down payment to the responsibilities of maintaining and keeping your home.